Saturday, April 9, 2011

zero point five year


Warning: Some cheesy sappiness is about to slap you in your face!

Six months ago today, there was a girl who was a very brand new wife. And a boy who was a very brand new husband. The girl had asked the boy a couple of weeks before: Please be patient with me. I know I'm being moody and you aren't getting much time. I've two more weeks with them. Just give me two more weeks with my family... and then I will be all yours.
And she got her two weeks of (even more) patience. And it was a bittersweet time.

Then, dear reader, she married him. And she promised to be completely his from then until death. They were scared and excited and tired and (she was) a little sad as they drove away. And she forgot her ENTIRE toiletry bag. She had to call her mom on the way to her wedding night. Yes, maybe it was a little on the mortifying side: "Um... hi, mom. Oh, yeah, we're almost there (AUGH!). Um... ( I know I just told a bunch of people that I was leaving my parents and cleaving to my husband.... but, I need you to find my toothbrush, please). Eventually, she was reunited with her deodorant and he loved her all the more for that. Hee hee.

She told me that the honeymoon was wonderful.

The girl and boy, day by day, are learning how to live for (and with) each other. And they are having the time of their lives.... even though she won't squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom, makes them run late everywhere, and is disorganized in an organized way... and he uses filing boxes for end tables, doesn't use a washcloth and is very organized in a disorganized way.

She hopes that he knows that despite all of her irritable moods, her fussy behavior, her selfish desires, and pouting moments... she always knows that he loves her. It's why she can't really be mad at him. It's hard to be mad at someone who loves you so relentlessly.

And she said that I could tell you that she loves him very very much. And that she is very very happy being his wife.

0 comments: