Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Moon pie?

Mardi Gras:


The schools close for three days.
My husband gets off work for one.
The parades that throw you beads and moon pies will last all day long downtown.
Homes are covered with purple, green and gold "decorations."
And by decorations I mean masks, beads, tinsel, and moon pies. Classy, I know.

And my neighbor and her boyfriend, dressed to the hilt, leave their house at 10:40 pm for a Mardi Gras ball.... but not before backing into his car parked in the driveway.
Gotta watch out for those random cars that park behind your garage door, buddy. They'll get you every time.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

hahahahahahahahhaha!!!


is this the first time you`ve experienced mardi gras??

Elyow'eynay said...

Now look. I watched a movie, maybe you've heard of it, called "The Guardian" and in that movie they say that even when hurricanes ground the Navy the Coast Guards goes out. NOW you're telling me that MARDI GRAS stops the Coast Guard? Now I know why I never wanted to go. It is a fearful thing this Mardi Gras

Amy said...

Charlie, yes... the first time I've "experienced" it. And by experienced I mean I watched everyone else participate while we stayed home.
E. - They'll still come help you if you're drowning in your beads. Don't be too worried.