Tuesday, February 1, 2011

the universal remote


I watched Top Gun the other night with my husband. I have never seen it. I learned that since I had married a pilot, I should have this experience under my belt. You see, a proper pilot's wife should know proper pilot lingo. Pilot lingo such as, "Talk to me, Goose!" and "Too close for missiles, switching to guns!" or, "Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash!"

Anyway, during a take-the-dishes-to-the-kitchen break, Jim ran to the bathroom. I threatened to start the movie and he called out, "I'll be back before you would be able to get it started!" Which is very mean. And true. You see, I have a disability. And looking at everyone else in this country, I think my disability should mean I don't have to work and can park in the first parking spot at Wal-Mart too. My disability involves figure-it-out skills with electronic.... things. I do not have those skills. Even a digital watch befuddles me. Oh yeah. Bobby pins blow my mind as well.

All of this to say that I was reminded of this video. I think my favorite part is the packing peanuts.

1 comments:

S. W. K. said...

wow. I just watched Top Gun today! it's a great movie. glad you know the lingo now ;)