Thursday, July 1, 2010

Honey, the mustache?


Did I blog about UP? The Pixar movie that turned me into a blubbering mess in the first ten minutes? No? Yes?

Whatever.

Well. I watched Toy Story 3 last Saturday. And I .... uh.... cried. Yes. Once again, over a cartoon. It was sad though. I mean.... Andy.... grown up.... not playing.... attic or trash?.... I won't spoil it, but I cried.

Pixar is seriously doing an amazing job with making movies for families. A plot with great development of characters, pretty clear lines between good and bad guys, excellent animation, lessons to be learned, the hero falling then picking himself back up.... all the while dialogue that adults enjoy without being inappropriate.

Some of the great lines:
Molly just threw her Barbie into the donation box -
Jessie - "Oh. Poor Barbie."
Ham - "I get the Corvette!"

Mr. Potatoe Head - "It was horrible! They threw me in a box with sand and Lincoln Logs!"
Ham - "I don't think those were Lincoln Logs."

6 comments:

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine to,and be a follower..thanks and God bless..http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Owl of the Desert said...

Oooh..I want to see Toy Story 3!! I watched UP finally, and yes, I cried the WHOLE time. Not just a few tears, I mean, really cried through the whole movie. It was a fantastic plot and story. What truth, too. Can't wait to go see this latest Pixar masterpiece.

Max-Frederick said...

Aaah! it drove me crazy! I tried to watch up, and halfway through, it started skipping!! I'm gonna have to watch it again.. but man, the beginning.... man.
I can't wait to see Toy Story 3.
I've heard good things, and you've just confirmed it :)

Mark said...

Yes, Toy Story 3 was excellent! I didn't cry....but I'm a guy, so even if I did I wouldn't admit it. But I didn't.....so there.