Friday, April 23, 2010

This is the second one in the past week

And so begin the pre-wedding nightmares:

The doors open... I'm walking into the church. Don't cry, don't cry. And don't look at Dad. As much as he cried at Alisa's, you know looking at him will make you cry. Okay... just sneak a peek. Why hasn't the music started? Why are we walking into silence? And Dad isn't crying at all! In fact, he looks bored! Where is the music?!!

Why are you waiting for me at the end of the aisle? You aren't Jim! I told you, no, I wouldn't go out with you! What is going on? Time out! TIME OUT!!

Home for a reception.... and decorating hasn't even started. Oh, it's been put off until tomorrow. Okay. For some reason, I'm perfectly okay with this. Get up the next morning to a foot of snow. Which, in typical Alabama form, quickly melts. The ground is a big muddy, slushy mess. But the show must go on! Why is the grocery store parking lot fair pulling into the driveway? Hi, Amy! We heard you wanted an outdoor reception so we brought our hastily put-up ferris wheel, wheel-and-spin, and funnel cakes. And vomit bags. This is going to be so much fun!


..... and WAKE UP.

Things to do:
1) Sigh with relief
2) Consider eloping

7 comments:

Saura Lnow said...

now that's a nigthmare...

Max-Frederick said...

oh. man.
And I imagine all these so much more detailed and... even scarier..
we'll be prayin for you girl :)

praptea said...

Oh my god .. now that is scary ..

tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info

TheSovietChairman said...

Awww, man... I know a girl who has nightmares about weddings... Usually they involve marrying the wrong person, parents walking out of the ceremony, etc.

I wanna get married...

*Stretches on tip toes*

I'm a big boy! See?!

Whitney said...

Hahaha.
Oh dang.
See, I would wake up and have to immediately call the dude and be like, "No. No date, and definitely no marriage! AH!"
Wow.
Does this mean you'll have a ferris wheel at your reception?
...because that would be cool...

Amy said...

Whitney.
No.