Friday, August 21, 2009

Most people call him Whitt

I am sitting in my room hoping that a 3 year old will go to sleep. We're going on two hours here. But Mom invited other moms to a lunch in our house and me, Asa, and Anna have been banned to the our rooms in the basement. One of the women brought her child. Who always takes a nap after lunch. Always barring today, of course.

"I have to go pee-pee."
"No, you just went."
"Well, then I have to go poo-poo."
"No you don't, babe. Go to sleep."

So, we are listening to Adventures in Odyssey. I'd forgotten how much I love them.

"Amy, I had an accident."
"On my bed?! In your pull-ups?!"
"No. Once, beside my bed and I fell down."

Connie, Whit, Barth and Rodney Rathbone, Eugene, Blackguard.... many, many childhood car rides were shortened by this company.

"Can I have a Barbie?"
"No, I don't think we have them anymore."
"I played with them the last time I was here."

I've caught my 21, 19, and 17 year old brothers listening to them before. Amazing how they engage 3 year olds and adults.

"Amy?"
"Yes?"
"I really like your fan. And your laptop."
"Thank you."
"I am going to tell you a story."

I have to go. Connie is teaching Eugene how to ask Katrina out.

4 comments:

Saura Lnow said...

haha I know that episode! one of my favorites...oh Eugene =)

Anonymous said...

I almost wish I had been downstairs with you! Odessey adventures brings up many fun memories and long rides in cars!
Love you,
Mom

Alisa said...

aannnddd... your 26-year-old sister likes to take them on car trips. should i admit that on the world wide web?

Little Lady said...

We listen to them too. They are still great! "You never know what will happen when you have an adventure in Odyssey!"