Saturday, May 23, 2009

Never underestimate their vocabulary

While drying off the two and a half year old:

"No. No, buddy. Don't play with... Hang on, I'm gonna put your pull-up on. No, don't play with your... bottom. No... okay, step in. Dude, stop. Stop playing with... with..."
"My penuhs?"

Don't laugh. Whatever you do, don't laugh.

"Yes." That.

I'm not squeamish... I just don't want to be the babysitter accused of teaching correct anatomical terminology. Unknown to me, this guy already knew it.

6 comments:

Elyow'eynay said...

Wow amy....we are going to have to bump your blog rating up from a G to a PG 13. Your last two posts have included a cuss word and a "private part".
However I have found both to be extremely hilarious. I recently had an interesting and uncomfortable conversation with Table's little 6 year old cousin who commenced to barrage me with questions about my marrying his cousin, if I had and was going to kiss her, and if we were going to have children.

Yeah.

amelie said...

it took me the longest time to figure out that my little babysittee was NOT talking about pennies. (he pronounces is weirdly.)
i couldn't think why his dad told him not to play with his pennies. i mean, it's not like he was gonna swallow them or anything. he's old enough to know better then that. then one day while he was using the bathroom...

yeah. i'm slow.

The 2 1/2 year old's Mom said...

You are the best babysitter!!! I LOVE YOU!! What a great story...I'm still laughing!!!

Owl of the Desert said...

This made me laugh so hard. You never know what they might say.

Table of Stone said...

Amy! I babysat(if that is the proper way of saying that) a little boy and we had pretty much the SAME experience. I had to to turn away so that he wouldn't see me laughing. I'll have to share with you sometime

Amy said...

Well... apparently this is a rather fascinating topic for the little guys. :)