Thursday, May 14, 2009

beach list

Things that I and other people learned while at the beach:

1) A 6 hour drive CAN be turned into a 12 hour drive.
2) There is a difference in Misses and Women in a clothing store
3) Vinegar and meat tenderizer supposedly correct a jellyfish sting
4) My family is competitive. Like, for bocce, we make a court on the sand and use a tape measure
5) There is such a thing as organic bananas
6) The bagels you buy at Wal-Mart? Yeah... those aren't REAL bagels.
7) If you are a crab and you are reading this, pray my brothers don't ever catch you
8) A whirling vortex in a round, above ground pool, created by 10 adult bodies is strong enough to slam one of said bodies into the filter and break it
9) Men should NOT wear speedos... I mean, I already knew this, but just in case YOU did not
10) My calm sister and brother-in-law turn into little kids in the water
11) I cannot figure out the purpose of a walrus
12) I react violently to anything touching my legs in the ocean
13) If you are going to put on sunscreen, make sure it is evenly applied, Mr. Splotchy
14) I am capable of getting carsick

5 comments:

Saura Lnow said...

I don't think anybody knows the purpose of a walrus....but I'm sure one of us could come up with an interesting explaination.

S. W. K. said...

12) as do i! i was very scared of the ocean for a while, i wouldn't go in.

Jim said...

i think #3 actually worked! it did only feel better after that!

now if only that could fix a sore back as a result of #12...

Anonymous said...

If you get stung by a jellyfish, use the new product out called StingMate....vinegar based with menthol, lodicaine free so its safe to use...and you won't smell like a steak after using meat tenderizer which, really isn't that effective....not as effective as the StingMate product...good stuff...take care

Amy said...

blackbriar.