Monday, April 20, 2009

for all have fallen short

Love does not keep an account.

I know it doesn't because God is love. But I do. Again and again I do. "Oh yeah?! Well, remember THIS?!"
Our pastor, last night, in breaking down one of the verses from the love chapter shared this insight. If God, with a very detailed record of everything we've ever said and done and everything we will say and do, placed those records at the foot of the cross and allowed His one and only Son's blood to cover them, then how can I walk up to the cross, get their account book, wipe His blood off of it, and wave it in their face? And yet leave my own book untouched? God has forgive them just like He has forgiven me. I really don't have a choice in the matter.

2 comments:

pwp said...

Sounds like I missed a good sermon. Wiping off the blood will leave us with more than dirty hands, it leaves a log in our eye too.

Whitney said...

oh. Goodness. Makes you think twice before you judge, huh?
I know I will.