Friday, January 16, 2009

You look smashing in that broccoli and chicken

Oh yeah.

Sunday night, Emily came up to go to church with us. She sat next to me. Three things were said:

1) While talking about donations to a family who had lost their home to a fire:
One lady - "The woman wears a size 18."
Tiny elderly woman behind us - "Wow."
Emily coughed and I bit my lip.

2) Pastor - "What can we get for the man to wear? ...... Maybe a casserole?"
Ah. We were now giggling.

3) Man - "Oh, I have a praise report. My friend got hit in the eye with a branch..."
In all honesty, he continued his report, but he paused too long after "branch."
All three of these things were said within about 1.5 minutes. I glanced at Emily, eyes twinkling through my laughter tears and she had pulled her sweater up over the lower half of her face. It's so fun to laugh when you can't do it out loud.

2 comments:

on to june said...

I wish I had been there. I've had a few good laughter moments this week, but trying to choke back the avalanche that would have started in my head after the "praise report" would have been enjoyable.

Max-Frederick said...

I think it's one of the best feelings sometimes...

it's happened to mj, whitt, and me countless times :D

i like the casserole to wear...some people pull it off very nicely.