Saturday, January 10, 2009

Moonlight crunching under my feet

Well, before my posts become a monologue on the wretchedness of this semester, I thought I would let you know that I had a good break. It was nearly a whole month and I didn't work at all. I mean, I cleaned, and folded clothes, and baked, and set table after table after table, and performed pianist duties, and opened presents, went shopping, watched movies, and many much good food.
Personal highlights:

1) Haircut: This is my treat to myself after finishing a semester. It's a tradition. I know you should cut your hair every 6-8 weeks, but 16 never hurt me. I love people messing with my hair. And this girl totally knew what she was doing. It took her f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Oh yeah.

2) Reading Chronicles of Narnia (you knew I would work them in here somewhere!)

3) Nertz. You know, when you play with more than 8 people, it would be sooo easy to cheat. Not that I would EVER do that.

4) Bathing my little cousin. It has been so long since I've got to bathe a little one. I love it. And if you take that and taint it with any kind of perversion, you can just leave this blog and never come back.
5) My aunt and uncle looking at old baby pictures:
Aunt - "Honey?! Is that you?!"
Uncle - "That baby has a bow."

6) Learning that my uncle's brother was on USA's Olympic soccer team in 1984, but was nearly killed in a car crash and didn't get to play. Also, my uncle's uncles got in a fist fight with the Monkees after making fun of how short the lead singer was. I'm guessing he's the one with the tambourine. Calm down there, buddy.

7) While caroling with the church, Elizabeth quotes:
- "Shout out trick or treat. I dare you."
- "We're not leaving until they repent. "Just as I Am" one more time!"
- "Biii-cycle! Biii-cycle! I want to ride my bicycle!"

8) Ryan trying to get attention.


video

9)Balderdash, Scattergories, Apples to Apples, and Mad Gab.

10) Fishing with Dad.

11) Eliora, unimpressed with the chickens, asking where our cows and pigs were.

12) Seeing Santa Claus sitting at the bar at California Pizza Kitchen... okay, not really a highlight, but kind of funny. Rough day, Mr. Jolly?


13) Some really really thick mud.

And Ryan realizing that his truck does have its limits.

















14) Moccassin boots. I know you're sick of hearing about them. But they rock my socks.

15) When I grow up I want to be paparazzi










I feel like some words should go here. But I don't have anything to say. Sorry.









I'm still drawing a blank. Just use your imagination.


























The layout of this blog is rather confusing. It looked good when I typed it up, then it changed to this, with too much empty space. But I'm not really going to worry about it. I'm sorry if it bothers you.

7 comments:

Dodger of Sheep said...

"16) An incredibly stylish jacket I got as a late present. Technically this wasn't during the break, but it was such a cool gift that I'll put it in anyway."

Table of Stone said...

I feel like Asa and Ryan are always climbing trees. Maybe that's because I had to tell them twice to get out of trees at singing school. Yea. I think that picture pretty much sums them up. I miss you!

nertzfan said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nertz”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

anna said...

nertzfan?? wow somebody likes nertz A LOT

Max-Frederick said...

I like your lists.

anna said...

he look its chelsea with her max-frederick... person ... yeah HE CHELSEA!

anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.