Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The weather outside IS frightful

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring...

because of the funnel cloud.
Thank goodness for Rudolph, with his nose so bright.

P.S. I accidentally typed Rudolf, which reminded me of Adolf, which reminded me of my Christmas cookies. Because one of them has a little mustache and a swastika. Mom was horrified. I said, "Mom, I'm going to enjoy eating this little man." Don't even get me started on concentration camps.

5 comments:

monolog said...

It's interesting how Hitler gets a far worse rap than Stalin, who was responsible for slaughtering 10 times as many as Hitler---his own people, too.

Amy said...

There's the kicker: I guess we assume, "hey... he's YOUR leader. YOU do something about it." But Hitler went after the minorities... so we all scream unfair!

on to june said...

Interesting. The other day, my brother and I were discussing why Hitler is synonymous with evil. There are quite a few serial killers who do basically the same thing as Hitler, without excuse or reason. They just don't turn the numbers. People are all about sensationalism.

monolog said...

Right. We love stereotypes. It makes us feel like we've figured it all out.

Dodger of Sheep said...

Stalin could have easily been the one to personify evil, it all would have depended on which side of the war we came in on. There was just as much support in America for siding with the Germans as the Russians. It was Pearl Harbor that tipped the scales.