Sunday, December 21, 2008

Here It Comes

The sun is out!! It's been all week! Foggy, dark, cloudy, gray, drizzling... and worst of the worst: warm. That's what it has been like for FOREVER. It's so hard to be cheerful when it looks like that outside. Lately, it's been hard to be cheerful anyway, but the weather definitely definitely not helping. But now... the sun is laughing through my window and my body's Vitamin D machinery is chugging. And bonus: It turned cold. Finally! I was wearing a t-shirt last night. It was probably 70 degrees. It's hard to watch White Christmas in shorts and a t-shirt. If I don't watch myself, the bitterness can be consuming. Like when Danny Kaye steps to the window of the train and is like, "Hey! I think we took the wrong train! Yeah! It's all green out here!" I'm always like "Welcome to my LIFE, man! Geez. Go dance on a boat or something and shut up." Grrr.

But... no more. It's below 40 and the sun is shining and the tank is clean. And I'm going to grow myself a giant afro. See? How can you not smile?

2 comments:

Owl of the Desert said...

I was kinda enjoying the 70 degree weather, but definitely NOT enjoying the overcast skies. I kept having to remind myself each morning when I woke up to the pitter-patter of rain that I should be thankful since we have been in the worst drought in like a century. I decided i could be thankful for the rain without actually enjoying it.

So, yea for the sun!!! And, I LOVE, LOVE White Christmas!

anna said...

i would like to ask what the heck with the song??