Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Tide-to-Go pen!

The room is done. Thanks to Mom, Aunt Ronda, Anna, and yours truly. I love it. Actually it isn't quite done done done. Tomorrow we head to the great metropolis of Birmingham to find a new covering for the loveseat, a corner shelf, stuff for our beautifully empty, green walls, picture frames, and a mirror. This excites me.
While I was in the process of lugging all of my stuff back into my closet (I have way too many purses, by the way. And shoes. Which reminds me... I just bought a pair of purple flats!) I decided to clean out said purses. Because, whenever I switch, it is a very hasty grab-stuff-and-run process. Meaning some items never get taken out of the bowels of the Fossil canvas, the Target hobo, or the cheap red leather. Did I say some items? Following is a list (because I love lists) of the hibernating purse dwellers. Yes, I was lame enough to take an inventory.

Ahem.

8 feminine products (just thought I would get the awkward one out of the way)
4 pencils
1 orange highlighter
11 pens (3 with completely chewed-up bottoms)
25 gum/peppermint wrappers
1 unopened peppermint
2 Kleenex - wrinkled, but very very clean
A bead with the letter 'N' on it (?)
A Lion King Broadway ticket from 10-06-05:Section CA, Aisle 3X, Row DD, Seat 27
6 lip products
6 orange and blue pom-pom ribbons from an Iron Bowl evening with Erin in '06
2 eyeliner pencils
2 tiny bottles of lotion
My Tide-to-Go pen
1 very bad fingernail file
This one confused me : A pair of knee high pantyhose. I have never worn knee-high panty hose in my life. Why are they in a purse that belongs to me?
1 very special letter
2 brushes
1 library book list
A bracelet and a necklace
3 working batteries (JACKPOT!)
2 hair rubberbands, one of which was broken
2 sets of directions to I have no idea where
1 teeny tiny tupperware container
7 bobby pins
2 prayer lists from church
My good pair of fingernail clippers
2 of Alisa's wedding registry lists
A fellow student's list of complains regarding Pathophysiology
1 unopened Bandaid
Disposable chopsticks (never used!)
1 headband
A receipt from a locksmith
$2.49
A child's picture drawn with blue crayon. I cannot figure out if they are astronauts, aliens, or a couple of octopus (octopuses? octopi?)
An otoscope cover
1 rubber tourniquet

It was kind of like Christmas. Kind of.




Okay. I lied. It was nothing like Christmas.

4 comments:

Little Lady said...

I concur. Nathan wants me to never buy another purse again. I have a lot and there is no end to what lies within those old bags. Yes, I have even found an old pair of tights before, but they were mine and I have the excuse that they were for ballet. I'd be a little concerned if I found someone's random tights in my bag.

amanda hannah said...

um ... exactly how big is your purse? and what are you doing with that tourniquet? drugs are bad, amy.

Amy said...

multiple purses, amanda. And a tourniquet is what all good nurses carry. You never know when someone may spontaneously start bleeding.

Dodger of Sheep said...

Probably when you spontaneously stab them with the pair of chopsticks you keep on hand.