Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yes, how much are your germ shields?

We are skipping Sunday school. I feel rather heathenish. But remember the singing school? Yeah, well, somebody brought the black plague. Ring around the rosies... we all fell down. I mean, I think 80% of that camp went home with something. Strep, pink eye, and crud. And the Porters' immune systems were obviously not prepared. Way to go immune systems. On Monday everybody, except Anna, was hacking up a lung... and the wonderful green stuff that your body is so good at manufactoring. Oh! Graham wrote a blog on snot (because he went to singing school, too). You should read it. By Wednesday everybody is feeling better. And Asa comes upstairs with red eyes -thus the ear drops story. And I have a very bad feeling about this. Because if something messes with one of us, it messes with all of us. Caleb and Anna are currently pink-eyed. Anna is touching her face and then touching public surfaces faster than I can clean them. And I have four days from Hades ahead of me. So, while the little mucus factory workers in my body are still working overtime, I'm doing just fine.
Wonderful. Anna is playing the piano.

4 comments:

Little Lady said...

Singing school was wonderful, but I think going to the hospital after it is a little extreme. I'm very happy to be home now and feeling much better. (I think they need to give badges out next year to the returning campers who came home sick this year!)

Amy said...

i agree. and you would totally get the gold.

elliebird said...

ick...that does not sound fun. i hope y'all get better very very quickly!

Owl of the Desert said...

So sorry to hear ya'll are all sick! Hope you are all feeling better soon. If each year has a highlight or tagline, maybe this year could be "when the plague descended..."