Saturday, July 19, 2008

Immune System.... you're fired.

Well... I fought off mucus for 2 weeks (yes, another blog about mucus). I finally went to the doctor, got a shot and a Z-pack. Ha ha! Take that you little snot workers! This morning, I woke up and laid very very still for a moment. Something was not right. Breathe slowly. And launch! Oh, toilet bowl... you're the only one who understands me. I was afraid that my socks would come out of my mouth! As I was hurling out last night's meal, Anna came up behind me and asked me if I was throwing up. Um... no? I just wanted to see how far I could stick my face in the commode. But she pulled my hair back and got me a wet washcloth for my face. The worst thing about throwing up is the aftertaste. And the burn in your esophagus from hydrachloric acid. So,
I have been in bed all day. Which part of me needed. But I had so much school I needed to get done. And I did get some done... just not enough. But I slept for over half of the day. Yay. And everybody has been bringing me Sprite and crackers. And Mom and Ryan have both knocked over my Sprite. And Emily and Graham stopped by to see me, because they're sweet that way. And here I am, at 10:10, wondering how the heck I'm going to be able to sleep.
Sigh. Good night. Sweet dreams.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry you felt yucky today. Hope tomorrow is infintely better!

Little Lady said...

You poor thing. It seems to be a sick summer for everyone. I hope it doesn't last long. If the beast cold isn't better yet try drinking some pepperment tea.

elliebird said...

ugh. not fun. i hope you're better by now...or soon.

Anonymous said...

Sweet girl, hopefully you are over it now and can have a restful evening. Sleep well! :)

Owl of the Desert said...

So sorry you were sick!! Hope you are feeling much better now. Emily's sick, too. She was diagnosed with strep on Sunday, but she's going back to the doctor today, b/c she's still not better.

That was super sweet of Anna to help out.