Thursday, June 19, 2008

Three unabridged moments

While driving to church:

Dad- Hey, ya'll sing that rooster song.
Everybody - Rooster song?.... rooster?
Dad - Yeah... you know, the rooster and the farm.
Ryan - The Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night?
Dad - Yes! That's a good one.

I fed a 12-hour-old baby today. She fit snugly from my elbow to the tips of my fingers. She was a perfect little black baby. She was so bundled up, it made me uncomfortable. But her wonderfully complete, tiny little hand, wormed its way out of the blanket and and grabbed my finger from the bottle.

I was told that technically I didn't have a third "moment" so...

Caleb graduated from high school a few weeks ago. I don't know if you remember the influx of money that surges via the mailbox after graduation, but I sure as heck do. Anyway, Caleb, being the organized maniac that he is, is staying as on top of his thank-you notes as he can. Last night, before i went to bed, I glanced at him at his desk. His hair looked like Wolfman and I'm pretty sure his pupils were dilated. I asked him what was wrong. "I am so sick of the word 'thanks' and 'appreciate,' " he said. "How many have you written?" I asked. "Sixty-three."

Also... to all my silent readers out there (coughDadTiffanyAngelaPritchettsBlevinsEmilyJimTiffanycough)... I love getting comments. Just click anonymous and type your name. Pretty please.

6 comments:

amanda hannah said...

i held my boss's 11-week-old yesterday and thought, "if i don't have a baby within the next 3-5 years, i'm going to implode."

Amy said...

I know. Clinicals this summer are making my mother desires scream impatiently.

s. wells said...

i love tiny baby hands!

elliebird said...

i love how y'all sing in the car.

Jim said...

i love writing thank-you notes. ... ok that's not true, but i do appreciate the fact that you added a third moment, i was confused before!

Anonymous said...

Melissa Pritchett