Monday, December 10, 2007

too soon


Alisa got engaged on November the 30. I knew it was coming (because Jeff told me). It's so weird to see that ring on her finger and the sparkle in her eyes. don't get me wrong... i'm very happy for her and him. it's just that.... this is my best friend. she knows me better than anybody else, and i her. we have shared a room since i was three years old. our fights never last very long because as long as she is talking to me, i am strong. and i know i'm "gaining a brother, not losing a sister" but, i am losing something. her presence. It's knowing that she'll be home when i get there. I've only got five more months of that. Then she'll be his roommate, his best friend, his home.
and now i'm crying. again.

2 comments:

s. wells said...

well if it helps at all, i know how you feel.
things change when they get married...but i'm glad laura is happy and taken care of...she is much happier now than she has ever been.

Dodger of Sheep said...

Oh look, here's a comment on your second post, too. By now you don't mind so much that your sister got married. She's still your best friend, you know.